Number of people 1-30 | From $20 per person
Immerse yourself in the Drovers Campfire Lunch and Show where larger than life retired boss drover Les Capewell will have you laughing and whip cracking like a true blue Australian outback legend.
Sit back and relax around the Gidyea coal campfire in the grounds of the historic Club Boutique Hotel where the Crazy Cottage and many a shearer, drover, ringer, swagman, bullockie, cameleer and coach driver once stood before the ball bearing drovers took over and changed Australia forever.
Les will entertain you with his larrikin tales of days on the droving trail across most of Australia including Outback, Queensland, New South Wales and Victoria with his wife Nancy and big mobs of sheep and cattle.
If Les is out of action another local entertainer will be available to equally keep you amused.
During the show you will be served a three course lunch of home made soup, two delicious juicy roasted meats and all the roasted vegie trimmings concluding with an old time favourite bread and butter pudding, ice-cream and cream then freshly boiled Billy tea from the campfire.
Join in for a great time and a great lunch! We offer a 100% money back guarantee if you are not fully satisfied so you cannot lose!
12:00 Daily (not available Saturday) | Bookings Essential
Pick ups and drop off are available daily from the following locations:
- Cunnamulla Tourist Park Watson Street
- Warrego Tourist Park Weir Road
Lunch & Show Duration:
Two hour Campfire lunch and Show
Roast with two meats, fresh roasted vegies, peas and gravy
Drinks “are not included” but can be purchased at the bar.
Special dietary requirements can easily be accommodated but must be requested with your booking so we can ensure lots of healthy fresh food for all.
12:00 – Arrive at Club Boutique Hotel
• Say g’day, grab a drink and then head out to the campfire and pick your seat. Meet other travellers as well as some local characters
• Meet Les Capewell retired boss drover or another local entertainer
• Watch the whip cracking demonstration by the pro old Les and have a go if you want. Our local characters want to share their yarns, life experience, stories and culture of the Australian Outback with you as you experience old fashioned hearty busk tucker, with good times and great company. This lunch will be a highlight of your caravanning holiday, family holiday or backpacking adventure around Australia
• During lunch enjoy the stories and yarns
• Swing the billy for a cuppa
14:00 – Ends.